Tue, May 24|
THE CONFERENCE CENTER 11th Floor
IN-PERSON PRESENTATION - Hot Trends in Estate and Wealth Planning
This LIVE seminar will offer a sophisticated and timely update on the latest trends in gift, estate and wealth planning.
Time & Location
May 24, 2022, 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM EDT
THE CONFERENCE CENTER 11th Floor, 100 High St, Boston, MA 02110, USA
About the Event
It has been a long, tough slog through the COVID years, but it is finally time for most of us to get back to work! Hallelujah!
This LIVE, in-person seminar will offer a sophisticated and timely update on the latest trends in gift, estate and wealth planning, including key subjects featured at this year’s Heckerling Institute. We will also cover other important issues, cases and rulings you must know to keep yourself and your practice fully up to speed.
Jay Darby will be joined by:
- Holly Harben Swan J.D., Executive director of Eaton Vance Distributors, Inc., part of Morgan Stanley Investment Management (MSIM)
- Judith A. Saxe J.D., AEP®, CAP®, Managing Director, Director of Research and Education for Wealth Strategies, and Senior Wealth Strategist at CIBC Private Wealth Management US
- Jere Doyle Esq., Estate Planning Strategist andSenior Vice President at BNY Mellon
- Brittany Besler, Tax Consulting Attorney at AAFCPAs
Topics to be addressed include:
- Latest estate planning developments, including cases, rulings and new legislation and regulations – it is complicated!
- Trying to feel secure about the SECURE ACT
- Income tax planning is the new estate planning – things you need to know about partnership tax, basis step-up and 754 elections
- How to fix an estate planning error – technical (and ethical) issues and strategies
- The changing landscape of trust law – and why everyone is creating trusts outside Massachusetts
- Latest trends in IRS audits and litigation of estate and gift planning
And MUCH more…
Please stay for the networking and social event afterward – if COVID taught us anything, it is that we should never miss out on the fun!
4:00 p.m. – 5:40 p.m. Seminar
5:40 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Q&A
6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Cocktails and Networking at THE BOSTON COLLEGE CLUB
CPE Credits Available