Wed, Nov 17|
Fame, Fortune and the Family Office: A Guide to Managing Family Wealth
Please join us for a fascinating discussion about life, money, taxes, and wealth management and deciding when is the right time to take that next step and implement a family office. CPE credits available.
Time & Location
Nov 17, 2021, 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
About the Event
Some people wake up one day and realize that they are wealthy beyond their wildest dreams.
Maybe the person hit the lottery. Maybe the person worked hard for twenty years and became an overnight success. Maybe the person worked surely and steadily over a long period of time to build a business and financial empire and suddenly found, one day, that it was bigger than any one person could handle. And just maybe the person attended all of Jay Darby's Tax Briefings and made better decisions.
The point is you now have a life filled with success, wealth, property -- and all the related management demands and headaches that entails. What should you do next?
One possibility is to bring the management of these diverse business, financial and tax matters into your own family office. A (tongue in cheek) observation inspired by the movie “The Godfather” would be “Keep your friends close, your enemies closer, and your tax and business advisors closest of all.”
Joining Jay Darby for this program will be:
- Carol Hannigan, J.D., Family Office Executive
- Kylie Ruschioni, CFP®, AEP®, Partner, JDJ Family Office Services
- Mike Mazzone, CPA, J.D., LLM, Head of Family Office Strategy, Momentum Advanced Planning
Our experienced and knowledgeable Panel of Experts will explain the ways that a family office can bring order, professionalism, and enhanced success to the exhilarating but often daunting task of managing a large, sometimes far-flung, and often rapidly growing family investment and business empire. The panel will discuss and answer questions on the following topics:
- What are the key milestones that determine whether you should create a family office?
- What are the tax, wealth and life-style advantages of operating a family office?
- Is it better to hire an outside family office or create your own private family office?
- How much income or wealth do you need to justify a family office?
- How do you properly identify your in-house advisory needs, and then assemble or recruit the necessary team of advisors?
- How can a family office help implement, earlier rather than later, estate and wealth planning strategies to transfer your wealth to the appropriate parties?
Please join us for a fascinating discussion about life, money, taxes, and wealth management and deciding when is the right time to take that next step and implement a family office.
4:00 p.m. – 5:40 p.m. Seminar
5:40 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Q&A
CPE Credits Available