Bracing for Biden
Time & Location
About the Event
Joe Biden is the President of the United States, and in the tax world that means…well, we are still trying to figure that out, aren’t we? In the meantime, there are at least 21 solid strategies that you can implement RIGHT NOW to trim your tax bill and put yourself into a stronger financial position for 2021 and beyond. This program will offer 21 planning ideas that are uniquely attractive thanks to the anomalous circumstances of February 2021. Interest rates are at stunning lows – the lowest ever in the United States. COVID relief has provided myriad time-limited opportunities: PPP Loans, often over-looked tax credits, and other temporary provisions that can create unprecedented planning benefits. Meanwhile, with an evenly divided Senate and almost evenly divided House, the ability of the Biden Administration to implement its ambitious tax agenda is anyone’s guess.
But why guess? Eliminate the guesswork and the mitigate the risk by taking actions that are smart and timely – and that may not be available next year, or even next week. Attorney Jay Darby at Joseph Darby Law has a recognized ability to anticipate new tax planning opportunities and strategies whenever they arise. In the 2020 Edition of Legal 500, a senior officer at a major money-center bank said, “Jay Darby is a unique individual with respect to his ability to thoroughly digest new tax legislation and apply it to clients’ complex situations.”
An outstanding panel of guest speakers will join Jay for this Zoom Webinar:
- Brittany Besler , MBA, CPA and Esq., a Tax Consultant at AAFCPAs Wealth Management
- Kim Furnald , CLU, Estate Planning and Private Business Solutions at Penn Mutual
- Simona Altshuler , Esq., Adjunct faculty member at Boston University School of Law in the Graduate Tax Program
The panel will address and discuss at least 21 time-sensitive tax-planning opportunities for 2021, including:
- Take advantage of the unprecedentedly low interest rates by making loans to children, implementing grantor retained annuity trusts (GRATs), structuring installment sales to grantor trusts, and funding charitable lead annuity trusts (CLATs).
- Do NOT necessarily dismiss the QPRT – even with low interest rates, it has interesting and creative uses.
- Pay attention to the SECURE Act and how it has changed conventional estate-planning strategies dramatically.
- Examine and use creative strategies for split-dollar and key man insurance .
- Anticipate the end of the “double” unified credit amount and do something NOW to manage the looming return of the estate tax.
- Take advantage of easily overlooked opportunities in the hidden nooks and crannies of COVID Relief.
- Learn about strategies under the OZ Act to defer and avoid gain and. take full advantage of this powerful tax reduction tool.
- You have until March 31, 2021, to file an amended return for 2019 that can generate, for taxpayers with net section 1231 gain, anywhere from thousands to millions of dollars in immediate tax refunds.
While others are dithering, you can be doing -- so grab the opportunities available today that could make all the difference for your future.
Seminar 4:00 p.m. – 5:45 p.m.
Q&A 5:45 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Social Half Hour 6:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. (optional discussion and casual social conversation - BYOB)